cctbx and pkgconfig

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:48:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, 06. Aug 20:46, Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca wrote:
> Hello, I am reading your pkgconfig patch
>
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/cctbx.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/cctbx_sgtbx_asu.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/iotbx_mtz.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/iotbx_pdb.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/mmtbx_masks.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/omptbx.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/rstbx.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/scitbx_boost_python-py*.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/scitbx_minpack.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/scitbx_slatec.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/smtbx_refinement_constraints.pc
> +usr/lib/pkgconfig/spotfinder.pc
>
> you should summerize this like
> usr/lib/pkgconfig
>
> but with multiarch the path should be
> usr/lib/*/pkgconfig/
OK, I just put in each line to be sure the build system is creating every pc
file and I'd get an error in gbp.

> Usually the pc files are generated from a .pc.in file. [1] or even better [2].
> maybe providing this kind of xxx.in -> xxx file generator would be valuable for their build tool and then easier to
> sell ;)
I saw that builder too. I wanted to restructure that patch to run that function
as a postaction in the sharelibrary builder. But this can also work with that
pc.in file. I'm just not sure about the copyright of [1] and [2] and I know I'd
have to document this.

> do we know about the upstream python supported versions ?
I came across a file some day I don't remember exactly but I have python 2.5 in
mind.

About talking with the upstream. I want to provide a patch that will work right
away. I tried git-import-orig to import the new dfsg upstream tarball. Problem
is that the patches do not apply anymore when I do a "gbp-pq import".
It's not really verbose why it didn't work. Is there something I'm missing or do
I have to patch everything again "manually"?

[1] http://www.scons.org/wiki/ReplacementBuilder
[2] http://www.scons.org/wiki/SubstInFileBuilder