Paraview and qt4-dev-tools dependency

Torquil Macdonald Sørensen torquil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:53:34 UTC 2012

Hi!

I wonder if anyone here knows why the paraview package depends on qt4-dev-tools?
I am talking about "depends" now, not "build-depends".

Does paraview have some capability related to development of QT applications,
for which qt4-dev-tools seem to be intended?

I can run paraview fine after removing qt4-del-tools using

$ dpkg --purge --force-depends qt4-dev-tools

but of course I don't know if there is a particular feature of paraview that has
stopped working after this...

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen