status of pytables across architectures

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Feb 13 15:26:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is a brief summary on the status of pytables in Debian -- I
just spotted that we are in not that good standing there:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=pytables and thought to
check for help with resolving them so pytables becomes more mature and
2.3.x series gets released with Debian wheezy.  Pardon me if I repeat
myself somewhat -- already have forgotten where we have stopped
(besides armhf issue):

- armel

  this one is cool -- lots of actual failing tests  -- please have a
  look

  NB IIRC openmoko is armel, and I don't use it ATM so I could
  theoretically make it available online for
  troubleshooting/testing if necessary.

- armhf -- that is the one I troubleshooted with Steve McIntyre
  still open against gcc

  for the sake of pytables we might like to disable that test meanwhile
  for that architecture

- hurd and kfreebsd's -- your "favorite" from multiprocessing -- I am ignorant in
  multiprocessing module on that kernel -- could anyone look into it?
  is that a matter of absent /dev/shm, or something else (may be
  multiprocessing is just not supported and we should just disable that
  test on those platforms?)

- mipsel, sparc -- mysterious "bus error"

  I guess I would need to take care about those with ports teams and/or
  rebuilding manually (I recall that previously that helped as a
  temporary workaround)

Cheers,