status of pytables across architectures

Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.Fr
Wed Feb 15 09:23:44 UTC 2012

Le Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:26:06 -0500,
Yaroslav Halchenko <debian at onerussian.com> a écrit :

Hello both of you, to prepare the pytables-dbg package, I 've just uploaded
numexpr. I just desactivate the test for now. On my i386 machine the test failed.
So I would like to see if thoses problem are still present in the last numexpr.
But for this we need to wait until numpy 1.6.

So one problem at a time, first add the -dbg package and wait for the new process.
Than we will be able to deal with thoses test with the latest numexpr.

> - armel
>
>   this one is cool -- lots of actual failing tests  -- please have a
>   look

:))

>   NB IIRC openmoko is armel, and I don't use it ATM so I could
>   theoretically make it available online for
>   troubleshooting/testing if necessary.
>
> - armhf -- that is the one I troubleshooted with Steve McIntyre
>   still open against gcc
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657157
>
>   for the sake of pytables we might like to disable that test meanwhile
>   for that architecture

yes, I agreed. now all test are failling.

> - mipsel, sparc -- mysterious "bus error"
>
>   I guess I would need to take care about those with ports teams and/or
>   rebuilding manually (I recall that previously that helped as a
>   temporary workaround)

I found that sort of thread[1] or [2] when looking for bus-error and mips
it is not very clear, but at least there is some ideas in it. In fact
there is plenty of thoses bus-error messages...

[1] http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Initdb-problem-on-debian-mips-cobalt-Bus-error-td1904368.html

See you

Frederic

--
GPG public key 4096R/4696E015 2011-02-14
    fingerprint = E92E 7E6E 9E9D A6B1 AA31  39DC 5632 906F 4696 E015

GPG public key 1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171
uid  Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <picca at debian.org>