ongoing slepc/petsc transition

Julien Cristau julien.cristau at logilab.fr
Mon Feb 27 10:15:13 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 23:51:12 -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> That said, the HDF5 transition seems a bit premature.  There are some
> fundamental changes which have broken a couple of its reverse-depends,
> which is one reason so many packages needed to be removed from testing
> in order to transition it.

I'm sorry but I wasn't going to hold testing hostage of hdf5 for much
longer than a month...

> In particular, it's impossible to install hdf5-tools and
> libhdf5-*mpi-dev at the same time, as is required to build a handful of
> reverse-depends [3].  There's no reason the MPI and non-MPI shared libs
> should conflict.

Well there's no way they can be installed together as long as they ship
the same files, this is not a new issue AFAICT...

>  [3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=586149

And this bug is almost 2 years old, I don't see that it has anything to
do with the recent changes?

Cheers,
Julien
--