PETSc/SLEPc transition

Adam C Powell IV hazelsct at debian.org
Sun Jan 8 03:42:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 19:37 +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Johannes Ring <johannr at simula.no> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct at debian.org> wrote:
> >>  But I don't
> >> want to break SLEPc and its reverse-dependencies, and don't know what's
> >> involved in a new upstream slepc version.  So I'm wondering, can someone
> >> do the SLEPc 3.2 transition, probably sometime next week, to go along
> >> with the PETSc transition?
> >
> > I can do the packaging for SLEPc 3.2. However, I don't know much about
> > the upstream changes or the reverse-dependencies either, except that I
> > know that it has been tested and works well with DOLFIN.
>
> I have now prepared packages for SLEPc 3.2 and tested them with the
> PETSc 3.2 packages from http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/petsc/. Can
> someone upload when PETSc 3.2 is accepted into unstable?

Great, thanks very much!

> BTW, I'm not sure what to do with #624671.

I assume that's an mpi-defaults transition issue.  The petsc there now
was built with LAM on arches where new packages are built with MPICH2.
I think the new upload will fix this.

That said, PETSc has sat in NEW for a week now, not sure what's up with
that...

So I tried to build SLEPc, and got the following error:

Checking environment...
Checking PETSc installation...
Checking ARPACK library...
Checking LAPACK library...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./configure", line 10, in <module>
    execfile(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'config', 'configure.py'))
  File "./config/configure.py", line 361, in <module>
    import cmakeboot
  File "/home/hazelsct/slepc-3.2-p3.dfsg/config/cmakeboot.py", line 7, in <module>
    import script
ImportError: No module named script
make: *** [build-arch] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

Any ideas?

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/