PETSc/SLEPc transition

Adam C Powell IV hazelsct at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 16:21:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 10:57 +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct at debian.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 12:45 +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> >> PS: I have updated SLEPc to only build for the same arches as PETSc.
> >
> > Thank you -- though I wonder if SLEPc should just be arch "any" so that
> > as other arches start to work for PETSc, such as kfreebsd-*, SLEPc will
> > automatically build.
>
> Yes, sounds reasonable. I have reverted to arch "any" now.

Thanks Johannes.

It looks like in addition to building PETSc without cmake,
libpetsc3.2-dev also needs to depend on libptscotch-dev instead of
libscotch-dev.  I made those two changes in PETSc and will upload.

SLEPc will need this most recent version of PETSc in order to build, so
I'm adding the version to Build-Depends.  Hmm, can't svn commit for some
reason, attaching the patch here.

> > Do you want to go ahead and upload?
>
> Yes, it should be ready for upload. However, I don't have permissions
> so either you or someone else with proper permissions must do the
> upload.

Okay, I'll take care of it.  Adding myself to Uploaders and changing
UNRELEASED to unstable in the attached patch for that purpose.

Thanks again for your help!

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/