Comments regarding ceres-solver_1.1.1-1_amd64.changes

Koichi Akabe vbkaisetsu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:57:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I tried building it, but it's failed to build now.
The upstream released some versions 1.2.0, 1.2.1, ... 1.2.3, and thay are built correctly but failed to run many tests.
I couldn't find the reason why they are failed.

So, can I drop the package until it's fixed?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 07:17:52 +0000
Luca Falavigna <ftpmaster at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Upstream does NOT build a shared library, that is patched in
> by the Debian package. This is worrying, because this might easily
> lead to a situation where upstream starts to reuse sonames.
>
> And there's usually a reason why upstream does not ship shared
> libraries. Could you get back to us about this point?
>
> Cheers,
> Luca

Best regards,
--