[SCM] C++ bindings for GtkDatabox branch, master, updated. v0.9.1-4-g7d0c917

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:51:10 UTC 2012

On 18/07/12 15:03, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hmmmm, good question - I don't know.  If I were you I would probably try
> to start from scratch (perhaps with a "lib" in the beginning so the name
> of the repository should perhaps rather be libgtkdataboxmm).
>
> Than simply follow the advise in Debian Science policy how to use
> pristine-tar.  This worked (even) for me (even if I have pretty good
> skills to break something all the time).

Having another look at the policies, I found this:

"[...]

The next step only applies if you do not use the "master" branch for
storing you debian work. In this case, the HEAD reference in the
repository has to be set to point to the branch you are going to push to
the repository, or cloning will fail. Assuming your Debian-specific
changes are stored in a branch called "debian", do:

$ echo 'ref: refs/heads/debian' > HEAD

[...]"

So I assume that it isn't a problem if the debian specific changes are
stored in the debian branch... I think this makes a lot easier for me to
maintain at the same time the upstream and the debian branches.

The debian, upstream and pristine-tar branches were created following
the Debian Science policy, so I think that the only problem is if the
master branch should be there or not. Anyway I just deleted it ;)

Also the other issue is if the package name (and the repository name)
should be gtkdataboxmm or libgtkdataboxmm. What do you think?

Cheers,
  Daniele