[SCM] C++ bindings for GtkDatabox branch, master, updated. v0.9.1-4-g7d0c917

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:32:24 UTC 2012

On 18/07/12 16:31, Andreas Tille wrote:
> OK, fine for me if git-buildpackage does its job flawlessly.
> However, did you do a
>
>     git push --all
>
> ?  I obtained a fresh clone and get
>
> $ git branch
> * debian

Yes, branches should be there, try "git branch -a" to check remote
branches. This is what I get from a fresh clone:

$ git branch -a
* debian
   remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/debian
   remotes/origin/debian
   remotes/origin/pristine-tar
   remotes/origin/upstream

>> Also the other issue is if the package name (and the repository
>> name) should be gtkdataboxmm or libgtkdataboxmm. What do you think?
>
> I do not know if it is ironed out somewhere in policy but my gut feeling
> somehow says a library package should feature a lib in the beginning of
> the source name and thus also the repository name.  That was my
> motivation to choose libgtkdatabox for the C version.  I do not insist
> on this naming scheme - but you asked what I think.

I made some research, but I cannot find any policy about the source name.
I searched in debian repositories for gtk/gtkmm libraries and I found
these packages:

gtksourceview2 - libgtksourceviewmm
gtkglext- gtkglextmm
pango1.0 - pangomm
goocanvas - goocanvasmm
plotmm
flowcanvas

So, I don't think there is a real policy about that, most of them don't
have lib. Anyway I don't care much about the name of the source package,
so if you want to keep some coherence between the package names and you
prefer the libxxx version, I can rename it...

Regards,
  Daniele