[SCM] C++ bindings for GtkDatabox branch, master, updated. v0.9.1-4-g7d0c917

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 19 06:38:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:32:24PM +0200, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:

> Yes, branches should be there, try "git branch -a" to check remote
> branches. This is what I get from a fresh clone:
>
> $ git branch -a
> * debian
>   remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/debian
>   remotes/origin/debian
>   remotes/origin/pristine-tar
>   remotes/origin/upstream

I can confirm that I get the same but this does not help to reduce my
confusion.  WTF is the sense in cloning a repository and not getting all
of it???  What do I need to do to finally get all needed branches?

> >I do not know if it is ironed out somewhere in policy but my gut feeling
> >somehow says a library package should feature a lib in the beginning of
> >the source name and thus also the repository name.  That was my
> >motivation to choose libgtkdatabox for the C version.  I do not insist
> >on this naming scheme - but you asked what I think.
>
> I made some research, but I cannot find any policy about the source name.
> I searched in debian repositories for gtk/gtkmm libraries and I
> found these packages:
>
> gtksourceview2 - libgtksourceviewmm
> gtkglext- gtkglextmm
> pango1.0 - pangomm
> goocanvas - goocanvasmm
> plotmm
> flowcanvas
>
> So, I don't think there is a real policy about that, most of them
> don't have lib. Anyway I don't care much about the name of the
> source package, so if you want to keep some coherence between the
> package names and you prefer the libxxx version, I can rename it...

As I said you are the maintainer.  There might be a slight argument that
it might be confusing to have libgtkdatabox and gtkdataboxmm but we have
Vcs fields that are finally relevant.  I just brought up the naming
issue just when I suggested to start from scratch with a new repository.
I do not see any point in wasting time over naming discussions.

To summarise what needs to be done before I can sponsor the package:

  - we need to find a way how I can obtain all needed branches for
    git-buildpackage
  - you confirm that packaging is ready for sponsering

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de