cctbx package

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:10:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26. Jul 20:53, Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca wrote:
> > OK thanks, I was wondering if this discussion is appropriate in debian-science.
>
> no more :)
> .
> so your description of the pickled environment is interesting. You seems to says that other project using this libtbx library should beneficiate of your work.
> So the sastbx should be much easily package once done with cctbx.
>
> Nevertheless it seems to me that upstream is duplicating also this libtbx in the other project...
>

> I will be unavailable from Friday morning to Monday evening.
> But you seems to be completely autonomous now :)
I know the code by heart ;). I'm not sure if this could be easy to remove
that runtime dependency. A lot of tests are using this to find module paths etc.
and would give us key errors. But when tests are not so important I can create an
new environment object every time at runtime (btw. it needs to write
PYTHON_VERSION_MAJOR_MINOR file to the disk but /tmp is enough) but I'd have to
patch the methods that can produce keyerrors. I don't think upstream will accept
that.

Anyway, I wish you a nice weekend!

Thanks for your patience and your willing to teach and sponsor me. I really
appreciate it and I already learned a lot.

Greetings
Radi