re bug 638959: gmp multiarch support - why not -dev too?

Wookey wookey01 at arm.com
Mon May 21 16:23:28 UTC 2012

I just noticed that
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638959 was closed but
only libgmp10 libgmpxx4ldbl were made Multi-Arch: same. The -dev part
of the patch was missed out.

What was the reason for this?

libgmp-dev is a build-dep of 75 packages, and because the build-arch
version gets installed with the toolchain it is often not possible to
install the host-arch version unless libgmp-dev is M-A: same.

I'm not aware of any reason why this shouldn't be done now, but
haven't done a lot of builds to check.

Should I open a new bug about this - or re-open that one?

Wookey