R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 2 11:15:34 UTC 2013

Andreas,

On 2 April 2013 at 08:43, Andreas Tille wrote:
| After having read parts of the thread on debian-devel it became not
| clear to me whether you are honestly considering R 3.x as a target for
| Wheezy.

Of course not.  But new upstream software comes out (R in this case), I
package it for unstable.

This R version requires _all_ R packages to be rebuilt.  My packages are
generally bug-free, so I tend to keep uploading them.  Obviously, the intend
is not to disrupt any transitions in the freeze. Which it has not in the
past.

For a particular package of mine, I need you, or anybody else, to update
colorspace. I already said my piece about how that package is behind four
upstream releases.  Which, team maintenance or not, is not how I do my Debian
maintenance.

Maybe it is easiest if I get back to you after the freeze / release to sort
out colorspace.

Dirk