[petsc-users] command line handling in PETSC 3.2, a simple fix for Wheezy?

Alexei Matveev alexei.matveev+petsc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:12:51 UTC 2013

> behavior, thus I think it's acceptable to backport.
>
> Consequently, I've cherry-picked this back onto 'maint-3.2'.
>
>   https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/branch/maint-3.2

Dear Debian Science Maintainers,

Do you think it is possible to apply this change to Petsc Debian
package for Wheezy? I just re-built the package with the fix
applied and the regression is gone.

I guess a similar effect could be achieved by using the most recent
upstream for 3.2 (this would be "old stable" Petsc).

I am not familiar with proper procedure so I attach a "git format-patch"
output for Debian Science petsc repo for the "wheezy" branch.

Alexei

$ mpicc -I/usr/include/petsc a.c -lpetsc
$ ./a.out
without --test option
op1: 1
op2: 2