non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink in a dev package

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Sat Feb 28 00:26:32 UTC 2015

El Divendres, 27 de febrer de 2015, a les 22:34:51, Roelof Berg va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently busy with packaging for Debian Science (#777000, limereg),
> and because I'm new to Debian packaging, your expertise is greatly
> appreciated. Hope this is the right list.
>
> After successfully packaging 'liblimereg0', I want to package
> 'liblimereg-dev' (with an additional .so and .h file). I get the
> following lintian warnings:
> package-name-doesnt-match-sonames liblimereg0
> non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/liblimereg.so.0.9.1
> usr/lib/liblimereg.so
>
> It seems that lintian doesn't recognize this as a '-dev' package, which
> is allowed/intended to have an .so file. I would assume that lintian
> recognizes the '-dev' suffix ? Or how should I tell lintian that this is
> a lib*-dev package ?

Hi,

I think that there's severals things in this package. First of all, take care
about package-name-doesnt-match-sonames. Are you sure that your soname is 0?

Because in the Makefile is show that is:

APP = limereg
MAJOR = 0
DEVLIB = $(LIBPREFIX)$(APP).so
SONAME = $(DEVLIB).$(MAJOR)

It's late here and maybe I'm sleepy, but this var is not equal to 0.

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia