Your nfft upload to unstable

Ghislain Vaillant ghisvail at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 19:29:27 UTC 2016

On 07/02/16 18:13, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On 2016-02-07 17:47, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2016-02-03 you uploaded nfft 3.3.0-5 to unstable triggering a
>> transition. The reverse dependencies are pynfft and yorick-ynfft.
>>
>> This is not an issue in itself, because that's quite a manageable
>> transition and you staged it in experiemental first.
>>
>> However, you found FTBFS bugs in both packages whilst nfft was in
>> experimental and filed bugs for them. It's not OK to then ignore those
>> bugs
>> and upload nfft to unstable anyway.
>
> This said, you got clearance to upload in #813019 which I've just found,
> so you aren't really to blame for this. Still, it's a pity the
> transition cannot proceed.

Hi Jonathan,

I am very sorry that my first transition did not meet your expectations.

Indeed, I believe I've followed the right steps highlighted on the wiki
and eventually got clearance for an upload, or so it seemed.

I am actively working on fixing pynfft. For yorick-nfft however, the
package has proven to be more resistant to simple API fixes, for which
only the package maintainer may actually provide a solution.

I take due notes of your remarks on where things got sideways and will
make sure this does not happen again for my next transitions.

Best regards,
Ghis