Qhull missing c++ library?

D Haley mycae at gmx.com
Wed Mar 20 23:36:08 GMT 2019

Hi All,

I might be a bit confused, but is the qhull package only including the
headers for the qhull C++ interface, and not the required .so files? I'm
not quite confident enough that this is an out-and-out bug, but I think
perhaps it could be?

There doesn't appear to be a libqhullcpp built in the package in sid:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libqhull7/filelist
https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libqhull-r7/filelist

Attempting to link against libqhull_r shows:

undefined reference to `orgQhull::QhullFacet::s_empty_facet'
undefined reference to `orgQhull::Qhull::~Qhull()'
undefined reference to `orgQhull::Qhull::Qhull()'
undefined reference to `orgQhull::QhullVertex::s_empty_vertex'
undefined reference to `orgQhull::Qhull::volume()'

These are not defined in full (only declared) in the Qhull.h header, and
look to be part of the src/libqhullcpp/Qhull.cpp source.

The cmakelists.txt file compiles this as static, and it doesn't appear
to be patched:

# ---------------------------------------
# Define C++ static library qhullcpp
#     Do not create libqhullcpp as a shared library.  Qhull C++ classes
may change layout and size.

add_library(${qhull_CPP} STATIC ${libqhullcpp_SOURCES})

Should this be converted to a shared library, and the libqhullcpp be a
separate ? I've patched these locally, and the .so is built and by
modifying the appropriate .install files it makes it into the resultant
.deb. Installing this .deb seems to fix the problem.

THanks!