[Debian-science-sagemath] Updating fplll in unstable

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Fri Nov 10 19:34:00 UTC 2017

Tobias Hansen:
> Hi Julien,
>
> could fplll and fpylll already be uploaded to experimental so that sage 8.1.rc0 can follow soon? Since fplll needs to go through NEW I'll also upload them to deb-sci-sage when I update sagemath to 8.1.rc0.

Judging by Julien's previous mail this will break gap-float, but if Jerome is cool with it then I also support it (i.e. uploading to experimental already and preparing sage 8.1.rc0).

> Did anyone else already build 8.1.beta9? I got a bunch of timeouts.
>
> sage -t --long src/sage/doctest/forker.py  # Timed out
> sage -t --long src/sage/interacts/debugger.py  # Timed out
> sage -t --long src/sage/interfaces/expect.py  # Timed out
> sage -t --long src/sage/interfaces/psage.py  # Timed out
> sage -t --long src/sage/interfaces/sage0.py  # Timed out
> sage -t --long src/sage/misc/randstate.pyx  # Timed out
> sage -t --long src/sage/quivers/algebra_elements.pxi  # Timed out
>
> I'll update to rc0 and try again before investigating this.

This was probably due to the ipython 5.5 upgrade. I've updated both the sid and master branches, by enabling a patch I wrote a while ago, and you should no longer be seeing it.

BTW I suggest we rename the branches

- sid -> master
- master -> experimental

as that is the typical convention. We are still maintaining 8.0 in Debian unstable after all.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git