[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8.4 and Debian buster

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at laposte.net
Thu Oct 4 06:14:59 BST 2018

Hi,

Le 30/09/2018 à 21:03, Tobias Hansen a écrit :

>>> So anyone willing to help polish this needs to build some packages from git for now. Many of the failing tests are deprecation warnings from ipywidgets. It would be good if that could be updated.
>>
>> I'm in the DPMT team, so perhaps I can lend a hand here. I'm a bit busy, but I might manage to still push things.
>
> Would be good. The package doesn't seem easy to deal with though. That's probably the reason why nobody updated it yet.

I asked about the package to its maintainers : the answer is basically
that it's a bad piece of software and we should persuade sagemath
upstream to drop it.

Bad piece of software meaning that things get rewritten left and right
with every version, with many deps on very specific javascript packages,
some of them not in Debian yet, and upstream being uncooperative.

It looks like it won't be easy at all to package a target version, and a
pure joy to maintain.

Which version do we target?

jpuydt on irc.debian.org