[Debian-science-sagemath] [sage-devel] Upcoming Debian freeze

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at laposte.net
Wed Jan 9 13:03:52 GMT 2019

Le 09/01/2019 à 11:16, Jerome BENOIT a écrit :

> On 09/01/2019 14:04, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
>> On 2019-01-08 15:05, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>> The main issue will remain: we have to build two different flavours.
>>> The autotools suite allows to do so by allowing to build outside the source directory.
>>> Is there a way to do so with Python ?
>>
>> That depends on how you install "with Python". It's hard to find this out from https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/cysignals/blob/master/debian/rules
>
> We are agree here. I have to play with debhelper.

I haven't looked into it, but is it possible to:
(1) in the d/rules build target :
    - call the python build script with the first set of options ;
    - copy the resulting files in a subdirectory (dist_pari) ;
    - call the python build script to clean ;
    - call the python build script with the second set of options ;
    - copy the resulting files in a subdirectory  (dist_nopari) ;
(2) in the install target (well, the debian/*.install files probably),
get the files each package in the relevant directory.

?

I have the same problem with flint&flint-arb : a configure script which
isn't one and hence confuses debhelper... perhaps I should open a bug
report so debhelper doesn't just check for a configure script, but also
checks basic soundness (a line starting with "# Generated by GNU
Autoconf" for example). But at least with flint&flint-arb, I only have a
single set of options to compile with...

I hope that helps,

JP