[Debian-science-sagemath] Debian packaging

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Thu Jan 17 09:01:32 GMT 2019

You could discuss gap libraries. With gap 4.10 sage expects a bunch of them to be installed but they are not all in Debian.
At the moment the sagemath package just depends on gap-primgrp, gap-smallgrp and gap-transgrp which passes most doctests but there are still several failing tests due to missing libraries, see build logs at [1]. When I installed all the libraries that we have in Debian (of the ones sage installs) that led to some crash so I went with the minimal approach.

For example

Failed example:
    test_packages(['atlasrep', 'tomlib'])
Expected:
      Status   Package    GAP Output
    +--------+----------+------------+
               atlasrep   true
               tomlib     true
Got:
      Status    Package    GAP Output
      Failure   atlasrep   fail
      Failure   tomlib     fail

As far as I can tell tomlib is not in Debian.

Best,
Tobias

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=sagemath