[Debian-science-sagemath] Buster todo list

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Jan 23 09:57:00 GMT 2019

On 1/23/19 10:08 AM, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> On 2019-01-23 09:54, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>> Is there a list of direct dependencies of sage?
>
> What do you mean precisely with "sage"? First of all, note that Sage doesn't have a concept of build-time only dependencies.
>
> Some partial answers:
>
> (A) Base and toolchain dependencies (stuff that the Sage distribution build system needs):
>
> patch
> pkgconf
> zlib
> MP_LIBRARY
> mpfr
> mpc
> gcc
>
> (B) All build-time dependencies of the Sage library:
>
> arb
> BLAS
> brial
> cliquer
> cypari
> cysignals
> cython
> ecl
> eclib
> ecm
> flint
> libgd
> gap
> givaro
> glpk
> gsl
> iml
> jinja2
> jupyter_core
> lcalc
> lrcalc
> libbraiding
> libhomfly
> libpng
> linbox
> m4ri
> m4rie
> mpc
> mpfi
> mpfr
> MP_LIBRARY
> ntl
> numpy
> pari
> pip
> pkgconfig
> planarity
> ppl
> pycygwin
> pynac
> python2
> python3
> ratpoints
> readline
> rw
> singular
> six
> symmetrica
> zn_poly
>
> (C) Run-time only dependencies of the sage program:
>
> ipython
> pexpect
> psutil
> future
>
> (D) Dependencies needed to have a fully functioning sage program (in the sense that all doctests pass):
>
> all standard packages

Since we want all (well, most) doctests to pass during the build and after installing sage, the difference between build and runtime dependency is not even that important for us. We add all runtime dependencies as build dependencies for sage. I really meant the difference between direct and indirect dependencies. Some standard packages (e.g. 'prometheus_client') are only there because some other standard package (in the example it is 'notebook') depends on it. In that case the sage package should depend only on the direct dependency and the indirect dependency is pulled in by that.

I was just wondering if there is a list of direct dependencies somewhere nowadays. The spkgs have the dependencies files but what about sage?

Best,

Tobias