[Debian-science-sagemath] Problems with CPU extensions used by dependencies

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Tue Aug 9 22:47:00 UTC 2016

Tobias Hansen:
> On 08/09/2016 11:27 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>

>> On 09/08/16 23:18, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>>> sse, avx2 and so on are instruction set extensions that not every CPU
>>> supports. Since yours (and Ximins) do not support avx2 and fma and mine
>>> does, and some packages were apparently built using these instructions,
>>> it makes sense that you have more failing tests than me.
>>
>> deb-sci-sage packages ? unstable ones ?
>>

> fflas-ffpack, which is in unstable. And possibly givaro and linbox,
> because they all belong together. Ximin wrote today he will rebuild them
> locally and see if that helps.

I built fflas-ffpack locally today and I'm still getting "illegal instruction" in the tests. It's possible we'll have to rebuild its dependencies too, but I didn't get around to that yet.

I also filed #833846 for fflas-ffpack which has been fixed, so Debian should see it soon.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git