[Debian-science-sagemath] SageMath and Debian: some links

Samuel Lelièvre samuel.lelievre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:03:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

Congratulations for creating a dedicated mailing list about
porting SageMath to Debian.

(I saw Tobias's email [1] announcing the creation of the new
debian-science-sagemath mailing list [2], as forwarded [3]
on sage-devel by Jan Groenewald.)

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2016/08/msg00011.html
[3] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sage-devel/OO17KRaOj98/discussion

I updated the Debian section of the Sage wiki "Distribution" page [4]
to mention this new list.

[4] https://wiki.sagemath.org/Distribution

Other relevant resources include

- SageMath's Trac [5] and the sage-trac mailing list [6]
- the sage-devel mailing list [7]
- the sage-packaging mailing list [8]
- the Sage wiki "Upstream" page [9]

[5] https://trac.sagemath.org
[6] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sage-trac
[7] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sage-devel
[8] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sage-packaging
[9] https://wiki.sagemath.org/Upstream

Hopefully the sage-packaging mailing list can help discuss
problems that would be common to packaging efforts for
Arch-Linux, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu, etc., and
the  Sage wiki "Distribution" and "Upstream" pages can help
locate useful resources (please edit these wiki pages to
correct, expand, improve, etc.).

One silly question: is there any reason why the home page
for the debian-science-sagemath mailing list has a url like [2]
and not a simpler one like debian-science [10]?

[10] https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/

I couldn't find any explanation about the two different homes
for Debian mailing lists on either [11], [12], [13].

[12] https://lists.debian.org
[13] http://lists.alioth.debian.org

Best, Samuel

--