[Debian-sponsors-discuss] How do we decide how non-earmarked funds are spent?

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at debian.org
Thu May 30 08:48:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 29/05/13 at 17:03 -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> This might be more detailed of a question than this phase warrants,
> but it's probably important enough to include.
>
> (Assuming DebConf fundraising gets split between purpose-driven and
> general fundraising efforts)
> Proposed: Have Debian roughly match the discount we give to sponsors
> for event sponsorships if needed (bgupta)
>
> Additional thoughts and proposals and feedback welcome.

Note that this is partly covered by the Debian Constitution:

5. Project Leader

5.1. Powers

[...]

10. In consultation with the developers, make decisions affecting property
held in trust for purposes related to Debian. (See §9.). Such decisions
are communicated to the members by the Project Leader or their
Delegate(s). Major expenditures should be proposed and debated on the
mailing list before funds are disbursed.

Lucas