[Debian-xml-sgml-devel] webpage items

Mark Johnson mrj@ibiblio.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:45:26 -0500

Hi Graham,

> I think a list of packages that the group is maintaing should be on the
> website.

I agree. BTW, do you mean the project home page, or the project page?
Either way, I still agree.

FWIW, I'll check some more of my packages into CVS:
docbook-mathml, docbook-simple, xml-commons-resolver, and a few other that
escape me right now.

> If this seems like a good idea, I can update the web page, if
> everybody can send the names of the packages they are.

Go for it. Eventually I'd like to put the project homepage under
CVS, and build it with the docbook-website package. (FWIW, the current
homepage is a hack of another docbook-website homepage.)

> Also, Mark do you think the policy stuff should be put on the Alioth web
> page?

I've been thinking about this myself. Currently the stuff is under the DDP
CVS, though I haven't yet checked it in :) I'd prefer to keep them
on Alioth, so I only have to deal with one CVS server. I'll see if
Adam (or Ardo) objects before I check them in. I'll make a new
'docs' directory at the same level as the 'packages' directory if I do put
them on Alioth.

> And, on an unrelated note, has anybody heard from Adam regarding
> involvement in this project?

Surprisingly, no. But he's always super-busy. I know
he keeps all his stuff under CVS somewhere, so he may as well put it
on Alioth. His involvement would also give the project more visibility.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Johnson        <mrj@ibiblio.org>