[xml/sgml] Question: how to remove package from archive

Ardo van Rangelrooij debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 19:51:07 -0600

Mark Johnson (mrj@debian.org) wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> I need to remove a bunch of outdated packages that have now been
> renamed. E.G. docbook-xml-slides is now docbook-slides.
>
> The developer docs say to "file a bug against ftp.debian.org asking to
> remove the package(s).
>
> It wasn't clear to me how to do this, but I tried nonetheless to get
> rid of 'docbook-xsl-stylesheets', but I believe my attempt failed. I
> haven't received any confirmation or anything like that & it's been a
> day and a half since I filed my bug report.
>
> Can anyone give me a complete example on how to do this? I've got
> quite a few (~6) to remove and the process is long overdue.

Oh, you never get a response and it might a week or two before it's
actually done.  Don't worry.  It'll get done.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij