[xml/sgml] Question: how to remove package from archive

Mark Johnson mrj@debian.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:17:24 -0500

> Oh, you never get a response and it might a week or two before it's
> actually done.  Don't worry.  It'll get done.

I dunno. I posted the question to debian-devel and was told that this
was NOT the way to do it. ANd, that I should file a bug(s) against
Policy and/or developers Ref for implying that this was the way to
go. Ya just never know...

I ended up adding an extra upstream version piece, i.e. I changed the
package version from 1.0 to 1.0.0 and that took care of it. I know
this isn't quite right, but it'll do the job - and not cause any
problems when the next upstream version is released.

With the above in mind, a few minutes ago I uploaded new versions of
docbook-simple and docbook-slides. And, FWIW, yesterday I uploaded
docbook-website.

Thanks,
Mark

--