[xml/sgml] Some packaging best practices ideas

Ardo van Rangelrooij debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:27:57 -0600

> >  - Why don't you upgrade to debhelper v4?  For dh_installcatalogs you even need
> >    'debhelper (>= 4.1.75)' (see my sgml-base web page).
>
> I just did.
>
> But I don't understand a couple of things:
> (a) how you know which version I'm using?, and

Your control file has 'debhelper (>> 3.0.0)'.

> (b) is this what the DH_COMPAT number refers to?

Yes.

> And thanks for the above comments. Very helpful. I'm making the
> changes now.

You're welcome.

> > And from the nitpicking department: look at one of my rules files for a perfect
> > aligned layout (yes, I'm that picky).  Even the order of the make targets has
> > been put into thought.  And yes, the order of the .PHONY dependends matches the
> > order of the make targets.  But that's just me. :-)
>
> Will do. I often do, in fact, because your stuff is so immaculately
> clean and organized. Must be a Dutch thing;-)

Yes. :-)  But you Americans always make a mess out of everything. ;-)

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij