[xml/sgml] package categories

Graham Wilson graham@debian.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:02:33 -0600

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 06:09:51PM -0500, Mark Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 12, Graham Wilson wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Well, if we e.g. "Debian XML/SGML Project <...@...>" as maintainer of=
 all the
> > > packages we maintain through the project, then we get automagically a=
 page
> > > like the following:
> > >=20
> > >     http://qa.debian.org/developer.php/developer.php?login=3Dardo
> > >=20
> > > which contains all the info and link one needs (and more).
> >=20
> > That sounds like the way to go, Ardo. I will add some information about
> > this to the packaging guide (which I hope to get posted soon).
>=20
> Amen. Sorry for not fully grokking your point(s) Ardo. You're idea is
> a great!
>=20
> So, if we use the <debian-xml-sgml@lists.alioth.org> as the
> 'Maintainer' in debian/control, should we just deal with the
> 'Uploaders' field as needed?

Whoa, whoa, whoa! That list address looks a little to short. The correct
address is (with group name, for Maintainer field):

  Debian XML/SGML Project <debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>

I think since there are so few of us at this point, we should just
maintain the Uploaders: field manually. If it becomes a problem later,
we can move to a different system (see the GNOME team's system for an
example).

I will add these things to the guide (I am working on it right now).

--=20
gram

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--