[xml/sgml] Keeping upstream sources in CVS

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:14:31 -0400

>   I am the newest member of the Debian XML/SGML Group at Alioth and I am
>   working right now on the docbook2x package together with W. Borgert.  I
>   recently adapted this package to use the patch system of cdbs and I am
>   wondering whether it makes sense to keep the upstream sources in the
>   Alioth's CVS repository.  Supposing that the patch system works properly,
>   then it strikes me as a maintenance burden keeping track of the upstream
>   sources in our CVS.  What do you think?  How is it done for the other
>   packages?

We recently discussed this for the Xerces packages and decided not to
keep the upstream sources in CVS (well, Subversion actually).  I just
repackaged Xerces using cdbs's patch and tarball systems.  Only the
debian directories are in Subversion, and they have the property
"mergeWithUpstream" set so that svn-buildpackage does the right
thing.  I suppose there must be a CVS equivalent.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/