[xml/sgml] xerces packages upload request

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:46:00 -0400

Within the next hour, I will be posting a URL to fully built xerces
packages that are ready for upload.  I'm hoping that by doing this on
a Friday, someone will find a few minutes over the weekend to take
care of the uploads.

I hope the fact that there is no individual person with responsibility
to upload these packages won't prevent this from happening.  It's hard
asking for something from a group.  It's too easy for everyone to just
thing someone else will do it.

Right now, I'm in the process of regenerating all the packages after
fixing a lintian warning generated by a release of lintian that came
out in the past few days.  (Our -dev package should have Architecture:
all since we have no static libraries.)

Right now, I'm running svn-buildpackage with the --svn-tag option.
When I'm done, I'm going to discard the binary packages and rebuild
everything with pdebuild in a completely up-to-date pbuilder
environment.  When I've finished, I'll put this on my individual web
site where someone can download it from there and upload it into
debian.

I'm dispensing with my request for someone to review the packaging.  I
hope the copious details I've posted about my exact process, along
with the fact that file-by-file comparisons have been done on the
upgrades to existing packages, will be sufficient to convince people
that it's safe to just upload these.  I'm quite confident that the
packaging is sound, though I would still welcome comments or
constructive criticism.

--Jay

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>