[xml/sgml] Re: upload status, particularly of xerces24

Ivo Timmermans ivo@o2w.nl
Wed, 5 May 2004 21:04:43 +0200

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> Thanks for taking care of the xerces uploads.  I'm a bit confused
> though -- I haven't seen any activity on the xerces24 packages.  Did I
> miss this somehow?

No, I just forgot to upload it :)

> For my edification, can you tell me what the resolution was on
> xerces23?

None.

> Why did katie consider it an NMU?  Was it the uploaders
> field?

Well, sort of.  The person who has hir name in the most recent
debian/changelog entry is the one who will end up in the Changed-By
field in the .changes file.  I added your name to the Uploaders field
in xerces25 and libxml-xerces-perl, and that appears to have worked.

The issue with the invalid Maintainer field will just have the effect
that katie still thinks that I am the maintainer of xerces23, instead
of the -pkgs list.  Since I was the previous maintainer, and your name
was not in the Uploaders list for xerces23, katie considered it an
NMU, and didn't change the maintainers-index.  Bugreports will still
go to my address instead of the list, so to complete the transition, I
(or someone else) will have to re-upload a corrected version of
xerces23.

If I am mistaken somewhere, please correct me. :)

	Ivo

--
"C combines the power of assembler with the portability of assembler."
	- Anonymous, alluding to Bill Thacker