[xml/sgml] /svn/debian-xml-sgml wedged?

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Mon, 31 May 2004 11:29:10 -0400

I was hesitant to do this at first, but I decided to run svnadmin
recover on the repository.  This seems to have worked.

In case I did something I shouldn't have done, I made an exact copy
(with cp -a) of the repository and then verified that the copy was
clean using diff -r.  (It would have been hard for the repository to
have changed during my copy, but you can't be too careful with this
kind of thing.)  The pre-recovered repository can be found in

/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/ejb-guest/debian-xml-sgml.pre-recover

(a.k.a. ~ejb-guest/debian-xml-sgml.pre-recover)

I'll remove this in a few days if no one directs me otherwise.

I was hesitant to do this because access does not, in general, imply
authorization.  However, in this case, this was clearly the next step
someone should take, and making an exact file system backup copy in
advance seemed like sufficient precaution.  Now if someone wants to
study the corruption, I haven't destroyed that opportunity.

--Jay