[xml/sgml] RFS: libxml2 and libxslt for both unstable and experimental

Mike Hommey mh@glandium.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:33:34 +0900

Hi list,

This time, I have 4 packages to get sponsored.

- 2 of them are to be uploaded into unstable with the purpose of getting
  it into sarge before its release.

- The 2 others being new upstream versions

Packages are available at:
http://glandium.org/debian/unstable/libxml2_2.6.11-4_i386.changes
http://glandium.org/debian/unstable/libxslt_1.1.8-5_i386.changes

http://glandium.org/debian/experimental/libxml2_2.6.14-1_i386.changes
http://glandium.org/debian/experimental/libxslt_1.1.11-1_i386.changes

They also are available in svn:
svn://svn.debian.org/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxml2/tags/2.6.11-4
svn://svn.debian.org/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxslt/tags/1.1.8-5

svn://svn.debian.org/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxml2/tags/2.6.14-1
svn://svn.debian.org/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxslt/tags/1.1.11-1

[ By the way, the anonymous access seems to still be broken

 mh@namakemono:~$ svn ls svn://svn.debian.org/debian-xml-sgml/
 svn: Can't open file '/svn/debian-xml-sgml/format': Permission denied
]

Thanks in advance.

Mike

PS for posterity:
I decided not to upload new upstreams to unstable because they have
changed shlibs, which is not wanted during release time.
Moreover, these new upstream don't change anything for most (all?)
packages that depend on them.
Except if some software unconditionally use some new API functions, which
is not likely to happen in the short term, we have no problem shipping
the current version in sarge. New versions happen to fix XML/XSLT
conformance errors, but people who need that will have to upgrade their
libxslt and libxml2 anyway because future versions will also be more
conformant, I'm pretty sure about that.