[xml/sgml] Packaging docbook-css

David Holroyd dave at badgers-in-foil.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 11:55:18 UTC 2005

Hi there,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:22:53PM +0900, Michael Smith wrote:
> "W. Borgert" <debacle at debian.org> writes:
> > I'm not sure, whether this is the right place for the CSS files.
> > They are very useful for people who do not use XSL, or use other
> > XSL stylesheets (db2latex-xsl or ldp-docbook-xsl).
>
> You're right. Packaging them along with the DocBook XSL
> stylesheets would not be appropriate.
>
> > Maybe it's more appropriate to bundle the CSS stuff with the DTD
> > or to distribute them separately.
>
> The DocBook schema/DTD is released through the DocBook Technical
> Committee at OASIS. I would doubt that they would agree to bundle
> a CSS stylesheet as part of the official release package. Mark
> Johnson or Adam DiCarlo would be the ones to ask, since they are
> members of the TC.

The package can continue to distributed from its existing location, if
this is appropriate (I had assumed that this would be the case).

I currently have these files in a local CVS repository.  The thought
was that by moving these file to sf.net CVS (contrib area?), this would
constitute some sort of semi-official blessing; allowing a Debian
package built from them to be named 'docbook-css', rather than something
less 'canonical sounding' like 'db-css-that-dave-wrote'.

ta,
dave