[xml/sgml] maintainer of docbook-xsl

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue Aug 8 22:30:33 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 08.08.2006, 21:49 +0000 schrieb W. Borgert:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:48:35PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > Do you have any objections that another maintainer takes over
> > docbook-xsl? Or in Debian terminology: Would you consider
> > a 'Request for Adoption' ?
>
> Do you see the Debian XML/SGML Group as a potential maintainer,
> if Mark has no objections? IMHO, this would be sane, as he is a
> team member.

There is a small problem: I tried to reach the project admins of this
group, because I wanted to join [1] the group to care about docbook-xsl.
But I wasn't able to reach any of the project admins. My next attempt,
starting a discussion on this list, also failed. I got one response, but
none of the offered reactions. And the current group does not seem to
care about these packages. docbook-slides*, docbook-website and
docbook-xsl are all outdated since more than a year. I would really like
to help at least with docbook-xsl (seems, that it will contain the
slides and website stuff, so the docbook-slides*|website packages become
obsolete), but as long as I cannot reach anybody, this is just
frustrating - because I cannot help and because the packages stay
outdated and buggy. So atm I don't think, that the group is a potential
maintainer as long as this situation resists.

I don't want to attack anybody. This is just the situation I undergo. I
(still) offer my help with this package and I would also overtake
maintenance support for this package, if you would accept this.

[1] following http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/

Now I really have to go to get some slepp :)

Regards, Daniel