[xml/sgml] Helping the XML/SGML group

Mark Johnson mrj at debian.org
Tue Jan 17 02:59:24 UTC 2006

Hi Alejandro,

Yes, as the maintainer of the docbook-xsl (and other docbook-*) package,
I confess to falling a bit behind. Your offer to help is much appreciated.

I haven't yet upgraded docbook-xsl to version 1.69.1, though I seem to
recall a bug report against this version - which would mean that someone
did an nmu. (I've had the flu for the last week, so I'm still playing
catch-up.)

I can't easily check right now b/c packages.debian.org is down, but if
we now need to split docbook-xsl and docbook-xsl-doc into two distinct
packages, as that's how they're distributed upstream.

Gimme a few days and hopefully  we can get you on board to help maintain
some of these packages, if you're interested.

FWIW, there are a number of docbook-* packages that seriously need to be
upgraded (e.g. docbook-simple, docbook-mathml, ....), but that require
significant testing, as well as some xml catalog judo that'll require
some familiarity with xml catalogs. These things need to happen asap,
and we could use some help.

Gimme a few days to catch up on the state of things. If you're serious
about getting involved, it'd be a good idea for you to get comfortable
with the XML Catalogs Standard, as well as the Debian implementation of
XML catalogs[2].

Thanks!

Mark

[1]