[xml/sgml] Re: RFS: docbook-xsl 1.72.0.dfsg.1-1 and docbook2x 0.8.7-1

Rafael Laboissiere rafael at debian.org
Tue Feb 27 22:43:27 CET 2007

* Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net> [2007-02-27 22:04]:

> I thought about putting 0.8.3-1.1 into Sid with one of the possible
> fixes (adding the --encode=utf-8 option or adding the
> libxml-sax-expat-perl build dependency). I preferred the second option
> to avoid patching the source and the package can also be found at
> http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/.

I am not sure about this.  Is it really necessary to have this fix in
unstable?  Either we use unstable as a staging area for fixing bugs that
affect testing, or we simply upload 0.8.7-* to unstable (and, if needed, we
use testing-proposed-updates for the 0.8.3-1etch* series).  At any rate, you
could simply give version number 0.8.3-2.

> Should I fix the Standards-Version too?

Sure.

--
Rafael