[xml/sgml] Do we need docbook-xsl-stylesheets-ko?

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Mon Sep 15 11:08:25 UTC 2008

Am Montag, den 15.09.2008, 10:47 +0000 schrieb W. Martin Borgert:

> I wonder whether the package docbook-xsl-stylesheets-ko could be
> removed.

I think, it can be safely removed.

> It's orphaned in Debian, there was no upstream release
> since 2003-09-04, and AFAIK, docbook-xsl supports Korean anyway,

That's true. Further I took a look into the stylesheets and they are
simply customizations, which are not special to Korean nor really
necessary for this language. If a user misses something useful from
these stylesheets, he should send a wishlist report against docbook-xsl
and I will care about it.

> so there is no need for a separate language package.

ACK. Especially because it just contains only a few Korean-related
settings (I found at least one).

> Given its
> age, it's probably not very compatible with recent DocBook
> versions.

Might be.

> In all the years there was only one bug report, which
> means a either high quality or few users or both :~)
> Shall we ask to remove the package?

Drop it. I hereby voting for an RM.

Regards, Daniel