[xml/sgml] I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

Mark Johnson mrj at ibiblio.org
Thu Jun 6 20:20:37 UTC 2013

The url for that resource is: http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd. You can
point to it there.

(This resource simply documents the xml namespace and shouldn't be needed
by applications.)

I'd have to think as to whether xml.xsd should be part of the basic xml
infrastructure, as provided by e.g. xml-core.

The procedure for registering it in the catalog system is fairly
straightforward and is documented here:
http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/xml-policy/xml-catalogs.html

Fwiw, I'm working on a fix to the DITA-OT to get it to register the
resources it provides. (I want Emacs to be DITA-aware.) I should have the
first test package for the DITA resources ready by the end of July - I'm
currently on an extended backpacking vacation.

Speaking of DITA-OT, I'm thinking of splitting the package up into its
separate resources and processing libraries. Doing so would make more sense
and would be more consistent with the way Debian packages things. When I
take a harder look at the resources provided by DITA-OT I'll have a clearer
idea of which resources it provides that are of the general infrastructure
type.

When I get all that sorted out, I'll then file a number of appropriate bugs
that'll provide a general fix to the system that should take care of bug
#710480 against office2003-schemas.

These things are messed up and need someone to focus on them. I'm more than
happy to do the fixes after my vacation.

Cheers,
Mark

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <malat at debian.org> wrote:

> [CC me please]
>
> Does anyone knows how best to tackle #710480 ? what would need to be
> package ? How would that be added in the catalog file ?
>
> Thanks much.

Be seeing you,
Mark