[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: ITH: libicu28 (overriding parts of icu)

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 22:51:25 -0400

>   The Debian XML/SGML group has libxercesicu25 that depends on ICU
>   so please coordinate with them before you do any upload. I'd
>   suggest that the Mono group and the Debian XML/SGML group should
>   be co-maintainers on the package (feel free to remove me or leave
>   me as you see fit).

I believe there is already a newer version of ICU in experimental, but
it is not the latest upstream version.  There's probably something in
the archives of the debian-xml-sgml-pkgs list about this since I
raised the question when packaging xerces24 and xerces25.

I'm effectively maintaining the xerces packages right now as a member
of the Debian XML/SGML group.  If you'd like me to try building and
testing the xerces packages with a version of the icu packages that
you're preparing to upload, I'd be happy to do that if you let me know
where I can get them from.

The xerces24 packages have also been uploaded but they haven't shown
up yet since they are new packages.  I'd expect to see them any
day.  If the appearance in sid follows the upload by the same number
of days as with xerces25, we should see them by Wednesday or so.

I'll be responsive to any email on this, but I have just entered the
nm system, so I won't be able to do any uploads for a while.  There
are a few outstanding xerces issues that I'd like to resolve, but I'm
waiting for xerces24 to show up in sid before I do so that I only have
to bother a sponsor one time.  (My changes will be to xerces23,
xerces24, and xerces25.)

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/