[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: ITH: libicu28 (overriding parts of icu)

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 13:59:09 GMT

>   > I'm effectively maintaining the xerces packages right now as a member
>   > of the Debian XML/SGML group.  If you'd like me to try building and
>   > testing the xerces packages with a version of the icu packages that
>   > you're preparing to upload, I'd be happy to do that if you let me know
>   > where I can get them from.
>
>   Fine! I rebuilt xerces25 localy and it did build and link as expected,
>   however I did no serios testing with it. You can find my packages on
>
>   deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/experimental/ ./
>
>   Please test them troughout and report results. However, since my package
>   are not going remove the old libicu* packages, I will upload it anyways.
>
>   Regards,
>   Eduard.

Great, I'll do this and let you know how it goes.  If it works well,
I'll change the xerces packages to use version 2.8 instead of version
2.1.  Since this is not holding up your upload, I may wait a few days
so I'm not stealing as much time from work. :-)  Perhaps the packages
will be in unstable by then.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/