[xml/sgml-pkgs] using xsltproc and pdfxmltex

Thane Sinclaire thane.sinclaire@axis.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 12:58:55 +0200

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate address to ask a question, so
I'll apologize right now.

Any way, now that I have filled up your email box, please let me ask a
question and if this isn't the right place, please tell me where I might
find help.

I am currently using Debian Sarge and would like to use xsltproc and
pdfxmltex to produce pdfs.

The problem is that on ordered and itemized lists, the first line
contains the bullet or number and then jumps down to the next line to
start the text. Please let me know what am I doing wrong?

I suspect the problem lies with xsltproc or related package, or my use
of them, since if I run my xml file through xsltproc on Mandrake, and
then take the resulting fo file over to my Debian box and run it through
pdfxmltex(xmltex), I get the correct result.

Mind you that's not to say that it has to be all xsltroc's fault. For
example,  if  I use xsltproc with cygwin on my windows box, and then
convert the file on my Debian box I still get the jump down behavior.
But since I got it to work with Mandrake, this where I have decided to
start asking for help.

Again I apologize if I have not used the right place to ask the
question, but if you can help me or point me to where I can get help I
would appreciate it very much! :-)

Sincerely,

Thane Sinclaire