[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: ITH: libicu28 (overriding parts of icu)

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 16:58:36 -0400

>   Fine! I rebuilt xerces25 localy and it did build and link as expected,
>   however I did no serios testing with it. You can find my packages on
>
>   deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/experimental/ ./
>
>   Please test them troughout and report results. However, since my package
>   are not going remove the old libicu* packages, I will upload it anyways.

This location no longer seems to be valid.  Is there a place where I
can get your libicu28 packages or your xerces25 packages that were
built with them?  If you have uploaded libicu28, I don't mind waiting
a few weeks until they show up in unstable.

For what it's worth, xerces24 was finally accepted, so I expect that
to be in sid within a day.  I'd do testing on xerces23 through
xerces25 as indicated.  My testing would be done with the automated
test suites for my applications that use xerces.  These don't fully
exercise xerces by any means, but they do exercise the Sax interface
and part of the advanced interface on which their DOM support is
build, and they test with ISO-8859-1, ASCII, and UTF-8 encodings.
They should then at least somewhat exercise the interaction between
xerces and the transcoder library.

Thanks!

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>