[xml/sgml-pkgs] Expat 2.0.1 packaging

Bryan Donlan bdonlan at fushizen.net
Sat Jun 23 07:54:59 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 08:38:57AM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:

> > > Let's wait until Bryan has the results of his inquiry so we now how bad
> > > the damage is.
> >
> > It looks like there's no binary package in sid/main on i386 which has NEEDED
> > libexpat.so.0 in its dynamic section. I haven't checked other
> > architectures. OTOH, there's only 87 packages which build-depend
> > directly on libexpat-dev or libexpat1-dev, rather than the several
> > thousand I thought before (I was using apt-rdepend incorrectly).
>
> Considering Debian supports partial upgrades, it would be safer to also
> check if binary packages in etch are free of NEEDED libexpat.so.0

I've done further checking on etch, and can't seem to find any
libexpat.so.0 references either. I've uploaded my scripts to
http://fushizen.net/needed-search.tbz2 in case I'm missing something;
usage is basically (with the scripts in $PATH):

for i in `apt-cache rdepends libexpat1|grep '^  '`; do
  sh ../pkg-needed.sh $i
done | tee ../result.txt

The scripts are a bit hacky, but they should get the job done.