[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: [ITH] xmltex, passivetex, offer to take over jadetex

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed May 2 06:35:03 UTC 2007

Hi Ardo,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> > No objections from me. I CCed Ardo van Rangelrooij, who seems
> > responsible for xmltex as part of the Debian XML/SGML group.
>
> No objections from me also.

Thanks a lot. I have added xmltex to our subversion repository. If you
want to participate in further development - which we would welcome - we
can add you to the Debian TeX Task Force project on alioth for write
access to the repository.

I already made some changes:
xmltex (1.9-12~1) unstable; urgency=low

  * new maintainer: Debian TeX Task Force
  * remove Makefile, move everything to debian/rules
  * switch to dh_installtex:
    - adapt debian/rules
    - remove postinst and postrm, they are generated by dh_installtex
    - add dependency on tex-common (>= 0.19)
  * move debhelper from build-deps-indep to build-deps
  * change dependencies to texlive
  * switch to use pdftex instead of pdfetex (Closes: #419987, and many more)
  * fix the texmf.d snippet to include latex path component in the
    search path
  * bump standards version to 3.7.2, no changes necessary

 -- Norbert Preining <preining at debian.org>  Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:08:59 +0200

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena