[debian-yeeloong-project] Issues on libre Wheezy on Yeeloong, no X, permissions, & wifi

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 06:54:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

First of all, I just want to express my excitement in being part of
this group. The things people have been doing for making the Lemote
Yeelong work better is incredible!

After getting lots of hints and tips over the Internet, I am now
writing to you from a Debian Wheezy system installed on a Lemote
Yeeloong. I am using the custom "vmlinux-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote" fully
libre kernel from www.anheng.com.cn!

There are, however, a number of issues that I would like to request help for:

(1) X does not start with the rebuilt xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion
from www.anheng.com.cn. Therefore, I have to use the framebuffer for X
right now, which makes working in X frustratingly slow. I would like
to find a xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion that works!

(2) After setting up the task-xfce-desktop package to install the XFCE
desktop environment, the Restart and Shutdown buttons are greyed out
in the Log Out dialog.

(3) External USB storage can't be mounted without root access, and
can't be accessed without super user permissions. I don't what to add
a line to fstab everytime I want to plug in a new device. This is too
inefficient and we are in the 21st century. :) I am looking for a
solution where I am on the Desktop, plug in a generic USB stick, and
it will just automount on my computer with full permissions for me to
read/write to it. In short, I want to setup a solution that "just
works".

(4) The Yeeloong's wifi antenna is always off by default. Once I log
into the desktop, I need to manually click Fn+F5 to turn on the
antenna, then use wicd to search for and connect to a network. What do
I need to change to make the wifi antenna to be always on by default??

If anyone could help with any or all of the above that would be
wonderful!!! I am very eager to setup my system to work efficiently.

Thank you so much, hope to hear from you very soon.