[debian-yeeloong-project] Yeeloong support status

Matt Kraai kraai at ftbfs.org
Fri Oct 28 13:11:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:55:14PM +0100, Snoopys Woodstock wrote:

> > You can download it from the mailing list archive at
> >
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-yeeloong-project/attachments/20111013/1ec25b23/attachment.diff
> >
> Is the how to updated now, or should I realy use this link?

You should use the link.

> What I exactly don't understand is this:
> apt will try want to 'upgrade' these packages to the repository versions and so replacing the patched versions. The solution is to install devscripts so that you can use dch -i which creates a bumped version of the packages.

Before the dpkg-buildpackage command, run

 dch -i

> and that:
> Create an xorg config file of /etc/X11/xorg.conf with:

Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf with your editor of choice (e.g., vi, emacs,
gedit, etc.) and paste the contents described on the wiki page.  You
may need to use su or sudo to run the editor as root.  See

 man su

or

 man sudo

for details on how to do so.